Officers with the Kenora OPP have made an $1,100 drug bust in the City of Kenora, and a 30-year-old resident is facing charges.
The Kenora OPP say on April 28 at 9 p.m., officers with the OPP Community Street Crime Unit and Organized Crime & Enforcement Bureau executed a search warrant in the 700 block of Eighth Avenue South, as a result of an ongoing investigation.
As a result, officers seized roughly $1,100 worth of illegal drugs and roughly $550 in Canadian Currency and drug paraphernalia.
The OPP have charged 30-year-old Kevin Wetendorf with:
- possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – methamphetamine,
- possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – fentanyl,
- possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – hydromorphone,
- possession of a schedule I substance – methamphetamine,
- possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a prohibition order,
- fail to comply with probation order,
Wetendorf was released by police and is set to appear in court on May 20, 2021 to answer to the charges.