Staff with the Northwestern Health Unit have received reports of 17 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in their catchment area.
Currently, there are 72 active cases of COVID-19 in the Northwestern Health Unit region. Today they received reports of:
- 1 new positive COVID-19 test result in the Atikokan Health Hub region;
- 1 new positive COVID-19 test result in the Emo Health Hub region;
- 2 new positive COVID-19 test results in the Fort Frances Health Hub region;
- 12 new positive COVID-19 test results in the Kenora Health Hub region; and
- 1 new positive COVID-19 test result in the Sioux Lookout Health Hub region.
Follow-ups with those involved and their contacts has started, and anyone identified as a contact for these cases will be reached directly by public health staff.
As of April 28, the NWHU is reporting a total of 72 active cases across their catchment area. They include 31 in Kenora, 17 in Fort Frances, 12 in Emo, 4 in Dryden, 2 in Red Lake 1 in Atikokan, 1 in Rainy River and 4 in Sioux Lookout.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or who has been in contact with a positive case of the virus is asked to immediately self-isolate, get tested and remain in isolation until your test results are known.