A classroom closed following a student testing positive for COVID-19 at Evergreen Public School in Kenora has reopened.
Families are reminded to continue using the government's COVID-19 self-assessment tool each morning before attending school.
Ontario is introducing new COVID-19 safety measures at schools across the province, which still remain open during the provincial emergency brake and stay-at-home orders.
New measures to protect school communities against COVID-19 include:
- An expansion of asymptomatic testing,
- On-site confirmation of self-screening,
- Outdoor instruction when possible,
- Curriculum-linked activities for students,
- Enhanced cleaning during the April break,
- Refresher training upon return from the April break,
- Letter to parents promoting best practices for a safe April break.