Kenora OPP say five people were arrested on River Drive at the end of June. However, three were released without spending any time in jail, as they awaited a future court date. Another two were released three days later, on July 3, pending the outcome of their legal matters.
about an encampment between River Drive and the east highway.
On the morning of June 30, police were advised of a group of unwanted people at a residence. The following responded:
- officers from the Kenora detachment of the OPP,
- Northwest Canine Unit,
- Kenora Community Street Crime Unit,
- Kenora Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau and
- the Forensic Identification Unit
At their June meeting, members of Kenora's police services board said they were looking for ways to respond to concerns in the community, as inmates from the district jail are being released into the community, during the coronavirus outbreak.
As a result of the police response at the end of June and subsequent investigation, the following people have been charged:
- Jade Kabestra-Savage, 30
- Jasmine Kabestra-Savage, 30
- Jeffery Lackner, 31
- Glendon Loranger, 62,
- Shawn Necanapenace, 36
Those arrested have been charged with the following Criminal Code and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act charges;
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking-Cocaine Sec. 5(2) CDSA
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance-Methamphetamine Sec. 4(1) CDSA
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime over $5000 Sec. 354(1)(a) CC
The investigation is continuing, more details will be released.
For more information:
City orders safety repairs
City set to tackle loitering downtown