At approximately 8:00am Kenora Fire and Emergency Services were dispatched to a fire at Weyerhaeuser on Jones Road.
“On arrival, there was smoke coming from the vent stack on the roof. We believe there was a dust collector or filters that got a spark and caught fire. It’s under control and we’re making sure there’s no hotspots, just making sure it doesn’t flare up,” said Deputy Fire Chief Dave Pratt.
Kenora Fire along with the Weyerhaeuser fire staff worked to suppress the fire. No injuries were reported and the fire was contained to the site of origin, according to Pratt.