Public health officials in Manitoba have confirmed eight new cases of COVID-19 today. As of Wednesday at 9:30 am, the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba is 374. The current five-day test positivity rate is 1.12 per cent.
New cases include:
• three case in the Southern Health region;
• two cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• one case in the Winnipeg health region; and
• two cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region.
Seven of today's eight cases are on Hutterite colonies.
The data also shows:
• one individual is in intensive care,
• 49 active cases and 318 individuals have recovered from COVID-19, and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at seven.
Recent case counts are reflective of an outbreak of cases in several Hutterite colonies as well as travel-related cases. The investigations are ongoing. When completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.
An additional 722 laboratory tests were performed on Tuesday, bringing the total number of tests performed since early February to 78,283.