Officers in Dryden have seized amounts of fentanyl, cocaine, oxycodone and a firearm after a search warrant was executed on Mary Avenue on Wednesday.
The Dryden OPP says the warrant was executed shortly before midnight, which resulted in the arrest of one person. Officers also seized ammunition and items associated with the drug trafficking trade.
As a result, 38-year-old Michael Smith of Dryden has been charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking,
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance, - two counts
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000,
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000,
The accused was remanded into custody and appeared in a bail court hearing on November 17.
Anyone with any information regarding the trafficking of illegal drugs in the region is asked to call the OPP at 1-888-310-1122, through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or report online through www.ontariocrimestoppers.ca.