A 40-year-old Kenora man is facing six charges after being arrested with cocaine and a .22 calibre firearm in Lakeside.
The OPP says an officer in Kenora conducted a traffic stop in the Lakeside area on a suspended driver on June 8, and their investigation revealed the presence of drugs and a handgun in the vehicle.
As a result, the 40-year-old is facing charges of:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine,
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime,
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon,
- Possession of a firearm while prohibited,
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose,
- Occupying a motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm,
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing yesterday afternoon.
The OPP reminds the public that if you have information about illegal activity in the area, contact police at 1-888-310-1122 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).