Nestle Good Start powdered baby milk is being recalled because of a possible bacterial risk in the product.
The Good Start Soothe formula could be contaminated with Cronobacter sakazakii. The recall states the bacteria isn’t “commonly linked to human illness, in rare cases, it can cause serious or fatal infections. Cronobacter sakazakii can cause rare bloodstream and central nervous system infections and has been associated with severe intestinal infection (necrotizing enterocolitis) and blood poisoning (sepsis), especially in newborns”
What you should do if you have the product?
- If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor
- Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home or establishment
- Do not consume the recalled products
- Do not serve, use, sell, or distribute the recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased