Kenora’s Pinecrest Home for the Aged is reporting its sixth COVID-19 outbreak of the year.
On December 10, the Northwestern Health Unit declared a COVID-19 outbreak in Pinecrest’s Unit #1, with two residents who have tested positive.
As a result, visitor restrictions are as follows in Unit #1:
- One essential caregiver for positive residents, unless otherwise approved,
- Two essential caregivers for remaining residents, unless otherwise approved,
- No designated caregiver under the age of 18,
- No general visitors,
- Essential caregivers visiting positive residents must wear personal protective equipment,
- When possible, visits should remain in the residents’ room,
Pinecrest adds that Unit #1’s Christmas Party has been postponed and staff hope to reschedule it, as outbreaks of any kind are devastating for all involved – especially over the holiday season.
All visitors are reminded that if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, please refrain from visiting the home.