Staff with the Kenora Recreation Centre have been working to reopen the city’s pool area, with a number of safety protocols in place due to COVID-19 restrictions.
“It’s a tentative schedule,” explained Kenora Mayor Dan Reynard. “We want to gauge how the changes are working, if there are any issues, which programs are working and if people are using the facility as usual. So that’s good news.”
Staff note that you will be asked to leave the facility if the rules are not being followed, and the rules are subject to change as staff continue to adapt to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Change room rules include:
- We encourage you to arrive with your bathing attire already on, under your clothing, in an effort to move quickly through the change room,
- Masks are mandatory in change rooms unless showering,
- Please move quickly through change rooms, with 15 minutes max,
- Please leave the application of cosmetics and hygiene products for when at home,
- Maintain social distancing at all times, and watch for oncoming traffic,
- Change rooms will be closed periodically throughout the day for cleaning,
Residents are asked to call 807-467-2087 to book your swim time, and you can book up to 7 days in advance. Staff require 24 hours of notice for cancellations, and calling ahead is recommended.
Pool rules include:
- Masks are not required on the Pool Deck, and please respect social distancing guidelines,
- No snorkels permitted at this time, and goggles are recommended,
- The sauna will remain closed until further notice,
- Family swims will be offered in 1 hour and 1.5 hour time slots, and no unaccompanied minors will be permitted in the pool at this time,
- Lane swimming will be offered in 1 hour time slots, with one swimmer per lane, unless you’re in the same social bubble, where there will be a max of 3 people,
WaterFit and GentleFit class rules include:
- WaterFit and GentleFit classes have resumed, but class sizes have been reduced to 15 participants for WaterFit and 5 participants for GentleFit until further notice,
- Equipment will be handled by pool and fitness centre staff before and after class. Please leave your equipment on the side of the pool deck for staff to sanitize and dry.
- Call 807-467-2087 to reserve your class. Reservations will be accepted at 9 a.m. for classes taking place the next day.
For more information:
Arena, pool plans expected soon
Fitness Centre to reopen with safety protocols, bookings