With colder weather on its way, home owners should check all heating appliances, along with smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms. Yesterday, Dryden firefighters found a furnace on Meadows Road overheating yesterday afternoon.

At around 12:30 p.m., Dryden Firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call for smoke and odour. The heating furnace was found to be overheated and extremely hot. The power was disconnected to this appliance, until service repairs are conducted by the owner, said fire chief Ken Kurz in a prepared statement.

Fortunately, a quick response was able to contain the damage.

For more information:

Dryden Fire Service - Furnace care