Public health officials have confirmed another six new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba. As of Monday at 9:30 am, the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba is 400. Public health officials advise the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 0.45 per cent. There have been 16 new cases since Saturday. Of those:
- four new cases in the Southern Health region;
- four new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- four new cases in the Winnipeg health region; and
- four new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region.
The data also shows:
- three current hospitalizations, with two individuals in intensive care,
- 74 active cases and 319 individuals have recovered from COVID-19, and
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at seven.
- An additional 1,393 laboratory tests were completed on Friday, 1,581 on Saturday and 808 on Sunday, bringing the total number of tests completed since early February to 84,967.
Case investigations are ongoing. When completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.
People who are considered close contacts of a COVID-19 case will be contacted by public health officials and advised to self-isolate. Others who were at these sites on those days do not need to self-isolate, but should self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.