After a major snowfall and a closed highway the Kenora U18 AAA Thistles (1-14-0) were able to make the trip northwest to Dauphin, MB to battle the Parkland Rangers (7-8-2) in Manitoba U18 AAA Hockey League action. 

Tonight's affair was originally scheduled to take place Friday night but a winter storm that hit Northwestern Ontario postponed the game until today. 

Unfourtanely, the extra day wasn't in favour of the Thistles as they lose their fifth game in a row 8-1 to the Rangers.

Kaden King made his twelfth start of the season between the pipes for the Thistles, and for the home side, Brenden Birch-Hayden was given the nod for his seventieth start. 

As soon the puck dropped it was Parkland who controlled the play early on. Early on in the first period, the Thistles dodged a bullet as the Rangers thought they took an early lead but the goal was called off.

On the ensuing faceoff after the no-goal call, Parkland's Carter Zalischuk was able to find Hayden Seib in front of the net for the one-timer to give Parkland an early 1-0 lead. 

At the 9:07 mark of the first period, Cash Clarkson was able to sneak the puck past King after an end-to-end rush down the left-wing for the 2-0 lead. 

Kenora was able to cut the lead to 2-1 a minute later. Emerson Evans picked up his third goal of the season on a wraparound goal that beat Birch-Hayden after continuous pressure from Kenora. 

Tegan Wrolstad picked up an assist on the play. 

After 20 minutes it was the Rangers with the 2-1 lead, and the lead in shots 16-6. 

Early into the second period, a good forecheck for Parkland led to their third goal of the game. Maden Murray slid one past King from a behind-the-back pass from Dru Mushumanski. 

The Rangers would add another one after a Kenora high-sticking penalty. On the powerplay after cycling the puck around, Jayce Legaarden would tip one into the back of the net on a Kyan Grouette point shot. 

The penalty trouble for the Thistles continued to prove costly. After killing off the first penalty of a 5-on-3, Jayce Legaarden picked up his second of the game off the rush and was able to cut in front of the net and put it under the arm of King for the 5-1 lead. 

Parkland extended their lead to 6-1 late in the second period. Off a failed clearing attempt by Kenora, Will Munro found a loose puck in front of the net and was able to put it upstairs over the glove of King. 

After 40 minutes it was Parkland with the 6-1 lead. The shots in the second period were 15-8 Rangers. 

Parkland would add two more in the third period off the sticks of Carter Zalischuk, and Madden Murray to take the final 8-1. 

The final shots on goal were 43-24 for Parkland. 

Kaden King remains winless on the season giving up 8 goals on 43 shots. 

Birch-Hayden picks up his sixth win of the season stopping 23 of 24 shots. 

Kenora finished the game 0 for 4 on the powerplay, while the Rangers went 2 for 5 on the man advantage. 

Game two of the weekend series will go Sunday at 11:30 a.m. The game will be live-streamed on HockeyTV.