The OPP have laid charges to a Kenora resident, following reported gun shots in the Rabbit Lake Road area on Friday.
At approximately noon on Friday, members of the Kenora OPP were dispatched to a report of a firearm being discharged in the Kirkpatrick Avenue area of Kenora. Police, the Emergency Response Team and K-9 Unit responded immediately, and one male was taken into custody. No injuries were reported.
As a result of the investigation, 63-year-old Donald Triskle of Kenora has been charged with:
- Careless use of a fire firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition,
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose,
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm,
- Two counts of possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibited order,
- Discharge a firearm into or at a place in a reckless manner.
Anyone with any information regarding the investigation should immediately contact the Kenora OPP at 1-888-310-1122, or 548-5534. Should you wish to remain to anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).