A 34-year-old Kenora man is facing drug charges. On May 9, at 6:12 p.m. the OPP arrested a man on Cambrian Drive in Kenora, due to an ongoing investigation.
As a result of the investigation, 34-year-old Joey Nicolas of Kenora has been charged with the following Criminal Code (CC) offences:
- Possession of a Weapon For Dangerous Purpose contrary to section 88 CC.
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to section 354(1)(a) CC.
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance contrary to section 145(3) CC (four Counts).
The accused was also charged with the following offences under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA).
- Possession of Crystal Methamphetamine for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to section 5(2) of the CDSA.
- Possession of Cannabis Marihuana contrary to section 4(1) of the CDSA.
The accused was held in custody for bail court on May 10.