The OPP had a busy time over the Labour Day long weekend, as they led investigations into 10 fatalities.
On roads and highways patrolled by the police service in the northwest region, officers reported:
- 4 people who died in separate road collisions
- 3 drowned
- 2 motorcyclists were among the deceased
- 2 boaters died in separate boating incidents and
- 1 person died in an off-road vehicle crash
Officers also laid:
- 619 total charges,
- 420 charges related to speeding.
- 18 liquor licence charges laid.
- 12 charges were laid connected with seatbelt use
Across the province, the OPP laid:
- 10,403 total charges
- 6,136 speeding charges
- 651 distracted driving charges
- 195 charges for racing or stunt driving