A new contract for unionized employees may impact family service workers in the district.
About 30 members of Unifor Local 324 voted 88 per cent in favour of a new first contract with Weechi-it-te-win Family Services that was also ratified by its board on Thursday. Weechi-it-te-win Family Services is an indigenous based child welfare agency based near Fort Frances that serves Anishinaabe residents from 10 area First Nations across the Kenora and Rainy River Districts.
The new four-year agreement includes:
- 7.25 per cent in total wage increases,
- increased employer pension contributions,
- strong seniority language,
- 14 annual statutory holidays,
- 15 annual sick days,
- expanded paid leave,
- a generous retirement allowance and
- improved benefit coverage.
For more information: