Kenora OPP are looking for the public's help in solving a sexual assault and robbery in the Hillside area. The incident happened just after 1 a.m. on July 26.
Police say officers responded to the area immediately. The female was transported to hospital as a precaution with non-life threatening injuries.
The suspect is described as:
- in his 20's,
- shorter dark hair,
- tall and thin.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation should immediately contact the Kenora OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or (807) 548-5534. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
The OPP reminds all members of the public to be aware of their personal safety at all times.
- There is safety in numbers,
- Do not walk alone.
- Avoid dark trails and streets as well as secluded areas.
- Tell people where you are going and a time you plan on returning.
- Pay attention to street names and landmarks, such as buildings in case of emergencies. (This will help first responders locate you quickly.)
- A personal alarm is always a good idea to have, something that makes loud noises.
- Carry a cell phone, and be familiar with the operation of an emergency call on your phone. (Keep in mind that even without a contract people are still able to call 911)
For more information: