The Kenora OPP are asking the public to be on the lookout for a suspect related to a sexual assault investigation.
On September 2, the Kenora OPP were dispatched to a report of an unknown male who had allegedly sexually assaulted a female, between Park Street and Second Street South, at approximately 1 a.m. in Kenora.The OPP were unable to locate the male suspect, but are requesting the public’s assistance to help locate the male.
He is described as Caucasian, approximately 5’6”, shaved head with a dark beard and a stocky build.
Anyone with any information regarding this investigation should immediately contact the Kenora OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or 807-548-5534. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-222-8477 (TIPS).
The OPP reminds all members of the public to be aware of their personal safety at all times, and offered some safety tips:
- There is safety in numbers, do not walk alone.
- Avoid dark trails and streets as well as secluded areas.
- Tell people where you are going and a time you plan on returning.
- Pay attention to street names and landmarks such as buildings in case of emergencies. This will help first responders locate you quickly.
- A personal alarm is always a good idea to have, something that makes loud noises.
- Carry a cell phone, and be familiar with the operation of an emergency call on your phone. (Keep in mind that even without a contract people are still able to call 911)