The Kenora District Services Board is welcoming a variety of new members this year. Seven of the board’s thirteen members are new to the board, and will be working closely with the KDSB’s Board of Directors.
New members include:
- Martin MacKinnon – City of Dryden
- Andrew Poirier – City of Kenora
- Donald Cunningham – Township of Ignace
- Norbert Dufresne - Township of Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls
- Ed Murray – Oxdrift Unincorporated
- Fred Mota – Municipality of Red Lake
Returning members include:
- Barry Baltessen – Lake of the Woods North Unincorporated
- Bob Stewart – Lake of the Woods South Unincorporated
- Mark Sobchuk – Lac Seul Unincorporated
- Dan Sutton – Township of Ear Falls
- Doug Lawrance – Municipality of Sioux Lookout
- Ron Kujansuu – Municipality of Machin
Barry Baltessen will continue his appointment as the chair of the board, as well as the representative for the Lake of the Woods North Unincorporated area. Lac Seul’s Unincorporated representative, Mark Sobchuk will take over as vice-chair.
“The KDSB is very pleased with the returning appointment of Barry Baltessen as Board Chair, through his experience, Barry will continue to provide strong leadership and skillset in Board governance,” says Henry Wall, Chief Administrative Officer of the KDSB. “Mark Sobchuk will be an asset as Board Vice-Chair as he brings many years of experience with our Board.”
The board will be presenting their final 2019 budget on February 14.