You'll be seeing lots of red at the harbourfront in Kenora this weekend.
Kinsmen and Kinettes from across the northwest and Manitoba are gathering for their annual convention. The service club has 6,000 members in 450 communities across the country.
Members are active throughout Canada with:
- National Day of Kindness
- bursaries - over $900,000 in bursaries has been awarded since 1994
- Cystic Fibrosis - more than $40 million donated since 1964
- Canadian Blood Services - donating over 1,000 units last year
- organ donor registration - Organ donation from 1 person can save the lives of up to 8 people, and tissue donation from 1 person can improve the lives of up to 75 people.
- disaster relief - Ft. McMurray and Slave Lake fires, Goderich tornado, Slave Lake, Haiti and South Asia
For more information: